Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thriller

I'm back in California but my trip to Tennessee was wonderful! Unfortunately I did not get to see all the people that I wanted to but I saw as many as I could! It was fun to see some leaves on the ground and feel a bit of cool air... I did not miss the humidity!  I almost screamed sweet tea when our waiter asked us our drink orders and enjoyed some LO PO and some Sakura... but best of all my mom made pot roast and green beans and rice and gravy one night and quiche another night! I was in heaven! I got to see so many friends and all of my family, and my little niece is walking which is ridiculous.... I MISS YOU ALL!!! Although I miss home, coming back I have realized how at place I feel here.  I'm really loving this life... messy, snoring, smack your food roommates and all =)  Tomorrow the founder and president of the organization, Milton C. Anderson is going to be teaching our classes.  I'm so nervous/excited! I can't wait to meet him!  
Another thing that is exciting is that I am learning how to play the guitar!! I have a thing on my MacBook where you type in the chord and i shows you
 what it looks like, then I just look up the tabs and viola! I can now play a couple songs and sing them at the same time... it's super fun! ALSO, my friend Kayla and I are gunna start doing senior portraits and the high school across from our apartments! I'm so excited! I'm already working on a facebook site and on some fliers! Hopefully I can make some money and get a portfolio really started! 
So the other day when  I was at the store, I bought a pumpkin.  Well this pumpkin has floated around the house, many people have named him and adopted him and tried to take him from me or make him into a pie, but tonight, Borris (the name we decided on) got a new face!! I carved my first pumpkin by myself without my mom telling me what to do.... I didn't really know if i was doing it right but it seemed ok when we were done! It was Shiori's first time carving a pumpkin and she thought the gooey inside was hilarious.
 When we were done, my roommates graciously honored my family's tradition of turning out all the lights and singing This Little Light of Mine, although it took significantly less time to turn out all the lights than back home =)  So now here I sit... Borris is glowing along right beside me and I'm eating some yummy baked pumpkin seeds.  Our house feels very warm and homey and smells like pumpkins... my heart is happy =) 

2 comments:

Mommy said...

You are the cutest thing!! I guess Shine Jesus Shine was out of the question!! That is very cool about the portraits! Missing you! Have fun with Mr. Milt!! Call us after it's over! Love you!

Unknown said...

Hey Lindsay! Missed you at your house today :( I wish I could come to CA with Mommy and watch you rock the YA stage! Sounds SO fun and exciting BUT a TON of work too. I'm so happy you are learning and growing and meeting such fun people! I wanna come hang out at your apt!!!!!! Me and you at McCallisters for sweet tea.
Love you, Jen