Monday, October 13, 2008

Home Bird

Of course my journey home would have to be exciting =)  Let me tell you about  the  first half.  So I get out of rehearsal at 10:30 last night, rush home, change, have some chocolate milk, say my good byes, and head to the airport! I type in the airport’s address into Maggie - my GPS system... she actually is a story all in herself! She previously belonged to my dad and is made by the company Magellan.. which is how she gets her name.  She actually is sexist... and I am about to prove to you why =) See she has a crush on my dad... hardly ever gives him any trouble.  My mom and I don’t like her much but since I’ve adopted her we have become good friends. Another thing you should know about Maggie is she has throat cancer.  Lots of times she completely loses her voice, she went through chemo and got better, but then the cancer came back! It was a sad day.  This time she got radiation treatments and has been fine since.  But last night she decided that she did not want me to get to the airport and refused to find my location and show me where to go! So I freaked out for a minute while I’m driving down the 15 then I just called my friend Walter who lives in Corona and he got me there... no thanks to Maggie!!  So I arrive at the airport and park after searching for the parking lot for 10 minutes.  I unloaded my stuff and start walking towards the terminal. As I’m walking I’m realizing how far away I parked.... THEN I realize that I’ve gone the complete wrong way and Continental Airlines don’t fly out of terminal 4 the fly out of terminal 2! So I turn around retrace my steps and finally make it inside the airport.  From here, pretty smooth sailing.  Made it through security and found my gate just fine.  Got some twizzlers, pretzels, and root beer and boarded my plane!  So now I am sitting on the plane in seat 11A... which Greg tried to steal from me...  but don’t worry I got it back! I’ll tell you about him later.  I think night flights are my favorite.  I like the view of the lights when you take off.  It’s kinda exciting cause you know whenever you are looking at the stars and you’re like OH! A shooting star! ... and then it’s just an air plane?  That’s me right now =) On a side note, I think I might like to be a flight attendant one day.... they get to travel cool places.... plus they get to walk around when the seat belt light is on!  Back to the star thing another                                                                                                                                                                                                     REALLY cool thing about night flights is that you can look straight out... not up.... OUT and see the stars =) it’s like I’m in the stars haha.... but really the big dipper is RIGHT there! Now Greg.... Greg is the lovely man snoozing next to me =) He is a man probably in his late twenties and is on the larger side.  When I sat down he informed me that the last flight he was on had sounded like there was a midget running around with a weed wacker on top of it.... I dunno how he could tell what a midget sounds like..... He is from Maine and he was in California visiting a friend.... unfortunately it was colder the past 2 days and he only brought shorts and t shirts... shame.  He loved the beach and he now loves the Young Americans.  On the aisle next to Greg is a woman whose name I don’t know but I’m just gunna call her Wendy cause she looks like a Wendy... She’s in her early twenties I think  and she has a cute hippie hat on.  She immediately let us know that she hoped we had no turbulence because she hates turbulence and she might have a panic attack and proceeded to work on a word search.  Well we did have turbulence upon take off... she held on to the seat in front of her with one hand and placed the other across her heart and looked like she might cry any minute.  The word search was forgotten and she looked over at Greg and said that she was having a panic attack.... Greg asked if she wanted to hold his hand, she did not...  Everytime we hit a little bump she gasped and mumbled something bout how she hated planes or flying.  Worried Wendy... now she’s playing music from her phone... out loud....  it’s ok though I kinda like them both =) Anyway, it’s almost 2 am! I’m fixin to catch some sleep.... more updates in Houston!!!


No comments: