Tuesday, October 21, 2008

As Long As We're Here

Life back in California is wonderful! Last Saturday we met Milton C. Anderson, founder and president of the Young Americans.  He is about 5' 1" ish, he's this tiny little old man in his eighties, he has a little white mustache and a full head of white hair, and he also has 2 toy poodles that he and his wife treat like people! He's an absolute genius and he taught our choral class. IT was incredible! He'll back on saturday again so thats exciting.  I took Alisha to the airport yesterday morning.... she decided since I went home she wanted to go too.  Now I'm bored without my best friend! So here I sit with my other roommate who has now decided to learn how to play the guitar.... everyday, twenty four hours a day, on breaks, while she eats, before she goes to sleep, in the living room... and she sings very loudly along... even when there is other music playing.. and then she plays even louder.  Did I ever mention she was a dancer? ;) gotta love roommates! 
The coolest thing about this week though was that last night a friend of mine, Kayla, and I went to Hollywood and took a dance class from Doug Caldwell, a famous choreographer, teacher, and performer, who has been in many movies and danced with so many famous people it's not even funny.  So I got to take a class from him! Not only was the class amazing but the studio was on the fourth story of a Hollywood flat and 3 of the walls were brick and the front one was all mirrors and then there was this big window at the back that frames the LA skyline..... WOW.  There were some incredible dancers in the class and it was a kind of jazz/contemporary lyrical style.  I'm in love... and I'm going back next week =) I can't wait!!!

I love all of you! and I can't believe I missed homecoming! and to my family in NC! I miss you and love you and can't wait till Christmas! (it's almost here!)

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Sounds like fun! As always I wish I could watch! Love you!