Saturday, September 6, 2008

Here Comes the Sun..

This morning my friends and I got up at 6 AM to watch the sunrise! It was beautiful =) It rises over the mountains here and sets over the ocean... what more could you ask for? The Europe cast got on a plane and flew into Germany today which means the warehouse (common name for our studio) is much less crowded than it has been.  On Wednesday night and Thursday night we all went to the warehouse to watch the Europe tour and the East Coast tour do dress rehearsals of their shows!! They did incredible!! More tears throughout the building! My big sister Cassie is off to Europe but my big brother is still here for another week! Tomorrow morning we are doing a workshop with the East Coast tour.... they're gunna teach us the whole second act in 2 days! It's gunna be CRAZZY! Just for those of you who aren't exactly sure WHAT exactly it is that I'm doing out here in California... I'm a part of a group called the Young Americans.  We send out outreach tours every fall and spring and basically go into to school systems and work with kids doing workshops... ie: teaching the kiddos a show in 3 days and then and performing alongside the students in a 2 act show... all trying to get music integrated back into the school systems.  I train here in Corona for 2 semesters and then I can start heading out on tours in April! I am taking classes here while I'm learning all our repertoire though.  So I'm in school at California Pacific College of Performing Arts... but really I'm a member of the amazing Young Americans =) BUT.. today I got a break from it all and got to get a little bit of home! Chelsea Elkins (aka my "Sunshine"), her mom, and her soccer team all happen to be staying about 30 minutes from me while they are in California for a soccer tournament!!  I went to watch them play today and got about a 5 minute hug from my Chelsea! I miss her lots! Hopefully I am gunna be able to see her again before she leaves on Tuesday! It was also nice to get a hug from a mommy... even though it wasn't my own =( Anyway! I should get some rest! I have workshop tomorrow! Love you all!! 

P.S. : SOOO sorry to anyone I haven't had a chance to reply to on facebook! I don't ever have much time to reply, only to check it and read the sweet messages ya'll send! Thank you to everyone for your love, thoughts, and prayers! 

P.P.S.  I officially decided that I support McCain/Palin!! My roommate got a job as an intern at UC Riverside and she is in charge of registering people to vote... and although she's a democrat that's ok! EVERYONE REGISTER! I found out today even though I live out of TN I can still vote in Novemeber =) And so can you!!!

No comments: