Monday, September 1, 2008

One Big Holiday

I HAVE SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT!!! 
The other night I got to share my faith with this guy! He said that he was agnostic and long story short: We all just started talking about different religions and what eahof our faiths meant to us... and I just got to talking and talking and talking about what my faith means to me and how I have just recently absolutely fallen in love with Jesus and this guy is the sweetest guy! He kept talking about how he thinks it's cool for everyone to believe what's best for them and whatever makes you happy... and I just kinda discussed how I thought your experience with God couldn't be something that is forced... anyway he always had something to say in response but he was very sweet about it like I said... But after I talked and talked about what Jesus meant to me, he was completely silent and he just said "I don't even know what to say now... I feel like I could cry! I feel like I might want something like that in my life..." It was just awesome to see that just words that I said had that kind of affect on him.. Pray for him! That maybe I planted a seed that God can grow!  OK thats only part 1 of like 27 parts! Last nigh
t was my friends birthday and she had a toga party haha! It was super fun!  Then this morning we had some friends over to my apartment and I made banana pancakes for everyone... and this guy brought his guitar and sang Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" while I cooked and everyone else chilled.  Then we went to the pool.  BUT TONIGHT!!! I just got home from our "meet and greet" with the older kids in the company and also with Bill and Robin our artistic directors and with our "new kid directors." First we had some time with Bill and Robin and our directors but then all old kids and new kids and alumni from like the 60's, 70's, and 80's and 90's!!! It was so cool.  The alumni's spoke for a while and then they told us about this guy who used to be in the group and had started a scholarship fund giving $10,000 this year! So everyone went crazy applauding him and he stood up and just help up a piece of paper and said I'd like to give another $10,000 to the scholarship program! AGAIN every one went crazy (standing ovation from the kids both times.... myself included) :)  SO someone else talked for a little while and then a lady interrupted to tell us that another man had MATCHED the other guy's money... $20,000!!! All together $40,000!!! ANOTHER standing-O! So then the alumni's told us that they wanted to give us all a gift to show their love for us and gave us these blankets and told us that they wanted to "wrap us up" in their love =) I CRIED! I'm so my mother! But all I could think was WOW! these people really love me and they don't even know who I am yet!! So next the old kids all stood up and showed us what they could do... singing and dancing... I was so overwhelmed they were amazing.  Then Bill split us up into choral sections and we sang for a bit and then he had the old kids stand in front of us and sing a Japanese lullaby... and of course once again I teared up.. the lullaby was about a flower that closes up at night and blossoms again during the day... and they compare that to a mother who wraps up her children at night in her arms and then helps them to grow during the day time... and I cried even though I didn't know the meaning until after the song was over... And then they sang "Morning Has Broken." This is the song that when my parents and I  went to visit in the spring both of my parents cried... and I didn't... and they made fun of me and said I had NO emotions.... well parents... I SOBBED... like tears rolling down my face! ok! happy?! haha I just can't believe that I am a part of a group that is SO amazing! Everyone is amazing and talented and SO sweet! So then it was time for the new kids (us) to show what we got!! We could either sing or dance or do both.... so when it was my turn I sang Free Fallin' (John Mayer cover) then I did some ballet and a crazy amount of turns and then broke out into the moonwalk and everyone went crazy and... it was awesome :) :) :) LASTLY each of the older kids picked one of us as their little brother or little sister.... this CRAZY red headed ballerina from Montana (I think) came running up to me and was like "No one touch her she's MINE!!" Her name is Cassie and she is SO COOL!! I love her already... I also have a big brother.. his name is Zac and He is from Louisiana and he's a drummer! He and I haave been friends for a good while now and he is equally as awesome!!! Overall today has been AMAZING.  I have sung and danced and cried and laughed and met a million new people and... ya'll.... this is the most amazing place I could have ever imagined myself being! I am SO blessed to be her among all these people! And I am so blessed to have great roommates that I get along with because other people are having problems and they're no happy because they don't get along with their roommates and... God has just placed me in the perfect place I think!! And I can't believe I'm here!! 

P.S. In my first post I posted my address... My zip code is actually 92881... so scratch the old one!!! Send me letters I'll send you letters back!!! I promise!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You have made my heart happy today!! So glad that God is giving you opportunities to share His love with everyone around you. I miss you!!!

Unknown said...

I miss you but holy moly Linz, life is so good for you there. Did you get my facebook msg? I love how you are being the woman God has created you to be. Very much YOU, but very much letting Christ get through...I'm proud of your courage.
Me

Corey and Melody Cain said...

How wonderful! I hope you'll read 2 Timothy 1:7-9 is an amazing group of verses about sharing the gospel. I especially love verse 9 that talks how God's purpose for your life was in existence before time began. He knew that you would be in school where you are in contact with the people you are with...don't ever forget the awesomeness of His plan for you!