Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lindsay Quit Lollygaggin'

I have a lot to document from the last few days and seeing as how my roommate is snoring right now and keeping me awake... it seems like he most appropriate time.  On Wednesday all of the new kids went on a "beach day."  We went to Huntington Beach for the whole day... we buried Alexis, my roommate, in the sand and played in the HUGE waves! The life guard had to run out there and tell us to get away from the pier cause we might slam into it and die or something... but he was blonde and cute so it was totally worth it... just kidding :).  After the beach we went to see A Chorus Line which i didn't realize was only one scene for the whole show so i kept waiting for the set to change and for something else to happen... and it never did haha, but the show was phenomenal and I almost cried at the end when they sing the big choral piece.  BIG News!!! : My fourth and final roommate, Shiori, has finally arrived! She is a hip-hop dancer from Japan and she speaks fairly good English, though some things like "Don't worry I got your back," are completely lost to her.  She's equally as awesome as my other 2 roommates and her sister, Kaori, is also staying with us for a bit until she can move into her dorm at college.  We are making many memories.. I wish I had a picture of our shopping trip the other day, we went to get Shiori some stuff for her room and forgot that wthe only room we had to carry stuff home was my little bug... well somehow we made it all fit but Alisha and Shiori and Alexis all had stuff in heir lap piled up to their faces and Alisha's hair got stuck in the trunk!  Thursday night we spur of the moment decided to go to LA! It was beautiful at night and we all felt like the coolest people we know.  Unfortunately on the way home, a fellow Young American rear ended me going about 45-50 mph and hurt my little bug pretty bad! Everyone was ok but my ribs hit the steering wheel and are very sore! along with the rest of my body!! But cars can be fixed and people can't always so we were very blessed to have everyone be ok and the wreck not be as bad as it could have been!  Today we went to watch some of the older kids start rehearsing for a tour and when we got there they just grabbed us and let us sit in on the choral piece practice! They gave us sheet music and we got to sing with the rest of the company! It was awesome!! The director/conductor is awesome as well... his name is Gary.  Overall everything is going very well, amazingly, for those of you who know me well prepare to be in shock, I am the clean one!! I do dishes, I clean my room, I do laundry, I pickup after everyone... yeah its weird I know... I guess my parents did something right :)  Like I said everything is going pretty well... except my car damage... oh and my snoring roommate... thats got to stop for real :) I love you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I got your info from Jen, I would love to introduce you to some people would you email me at whittakerwoman@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon .H

Brayden Spann said...

Hey Lindsay, It's Leslie Spann. It's great to read about your life in California. It sounds really exciting and like things are going well. Maybe you can show me some hip hop moves when you come home to visit. :) Brayden turned one this past weekend. He was so cute. He has a blog as well if you want to check it out. It is braydenspann.blogspot.com. Looking forward to keeping up with you.

Unknown said...

Linz, I LOVE how you are keeping me up to speed on your cool CA life. Cant believe the bug is a lil smashed but its okay :) At least ya'll got the shopping bags home safe! Hey, they probably served as airbags in that back seat..thats good stuff. Chels asked me to come to visit you this week with her team....AHHHHHH. I cant because we have AK company coming this week. I would have LOVED to just walk up to your room and scream. Some other time :) Hey, Heather Whitt wrote you...sweet. Get back to her for some cool hookups from her church there in Riverside. OMG. We may be traveling to get Molly at the end of this month...whew, I'm getting nervous. Love ya.