Thursday, September 18, 2008

Feelin' Groovy

I know I haven't posted in a while but my week has been less than exciting up until this weekend when I started my classes!! My teachers are pretty cool for the most part.  My Vocal techniques teacher is 4' 8" and she's from Alabama, and I can't remember her name but she is southern and sweet and very talented! My Dance technique's teacher is named Kate and she's a great teacher! Improv is a super fun class where we basically just play games and then last thing on Saturday morning is Choral... with the whole new kid class and David Listenberger... he's an amazing conductor and we've learned some beautiful songs already! The 2nd half of the day and Sunday afternoon-night consist of rehearsals for our  New Kid Show!  We started out with an intense dance number called "Sing, Sing, Sing"  which was really fun and did some other choral stuff too.  Then on Tuesday we started weekday classes.  They're night classes that consist of 3 different courses: Music Theory, Stage Craft, and Psychology / Psych Discussion.  My Theory teacher is a guy named Michael who looks like he stepped out of the 70's... complete with an afro, alligator boots, flared pants, and floral print button down shirts.  Guy is crazy and fun... and semi confusing, but very smart and knows his stuff.  Stage craft, unfortunately, is a very boring class, but today we got to learn how to tie some knots! Woohoo!  Psychology and Psychology discussion have 2 different teachers.  My regular Psych teacher is a guy who has his doctorate in psychology and used to teach at Pepperdine and a hundred other schools too.  He's awesome and a very good and interesting teacher.  Then on Wednesdays we have Psych lab which is a totally a hippie class where we sit on the floor in a big circle and talk about our feelings.  Fridays we have a 5 hour health/human body class... I'll let you know how that goes... sounds horrid.  Also on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I have Jazz, Ballet, Tap, and Hip-Hop classes and also a voice class.... so I'm pretty busy.. But I'm having a blast!!! I must say I'm still overwhelmed that everytime I get on the free way there are HUGE mountains on everyside... and that he beach is like 20 minutes away.... blows my mind.  I'm also looking for a job which is proving to be impossible so pray that God will send one my way soon!  One last treat for you before I go on to bed... Click here!  Wait 30 seconds and I'm second so you can hear me sing and watch me dance a bit.. it's short but this is what we did at our "Meet and Greet" a couple weeks ago and someone happened to film it!! And you'll get to see some of the talent we have here... this isn't even close to everybody... there are some other AMAZING singers and dancers in the group..but the last girl that is a rockin tap dancer is my roommate Alexis!! so Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Mommy said...

That was so fun to watch!! Sounds busy. Remember to sleep and eat healthy! I love you

Unknown said...

SO FUN LINZ!!!! Thanks for linking that video :) They are blessed to have you there :) and it looks like a crazy, cool group of "new kids". Your schedule (say it like Eugene here) is INSANE but full of all the stuff you love minus tying knots lol. i would love to sit in on the hippie feelings class! We miss you TONS! I miss your hugs on Sunday, but Mom and all your sisters help out with that :) Love you. Jen

Shannon said...

THANKS for posting that video!!! I loved seeing your sweet face (and awesome dance moves) and hearing your beautiful voice. I think of you all the time. Sounds like you are SUPER busy...just remember to keep God 1st!!! Spend time with Him EVERY day!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing that video! we are praying for you out there in sunny CA!! :) love and miss- ali and johnathan

Unknown said...

Lindsay :) you have to give me updates...I dont care if you think you are doing nothing! Maybe some thoughts about stuff, if you dont have any "busy" things going on !!!Picked out Molly's bedding fabric and Mitzi is going to sew it for me :) Pink and brown paisley and brown with pink polka dots..so very adorable.
Love, Jen