Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This Is The First Day Of My Life

Today my parents and I flew into Ontario, CA.  Right when I when I walked out of the airplane terminal and into the lobby I was greeted by a window framing these HUGE beautiful mountains! We left the airport with my EIGHT bags =) and went to rent a car.  Of course the airport lost our reservation and we had to switch to another rental car company.. but no worries just extra time to spend sitting outside in the beautiful 85 degree weather.  After finally getting our cool silver mini van we loaded up and head to Corona!  I picked up my keys and went to my apartment! Here, I met the first of 3 roommates, Alexis Marvel.  She's from a city very close to Boston and she's sweet as she can be! I feel very over prepared because she brought MUCH less than I did! But I guess I've always been a little high maintenance right? My apartment is little and perfect.  It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, then theres a big living/ dining room with a walk in kitchen.  Theres a patio in the back and our washer and dryer are outside? I guess that's California for ya =) I brought in all my bags and then left to go buy a car!!! My VW bug is beautiful!! It is beige... kinda off-white-ish... and it came with free car washes for life!! We went out to dinner and then to walkmart at about 10 PM and bought some things for the apartment! Now I'm back in my hotel telling you about my day while I watch the Olympics =) I miss everyone! I've been a little weepy and sad but I think I'll be just fine!! I love you all!!! I'll be writing often!

3 comments:

Jill said...

lindsay!! so great to read your blog. we'll keep in touch. you can check out G's at www.garrettcclark.blogspot.com
love you and miss you!
post a pic of your bug!

Unknown said...

yay for making in to CA! was at your house swimming with the girls and Erin showed us the cute pic of you and that HOT bug...so fun. OH, Linz, you are missed but we are all envious of your new exciting life. So dream big, do your best, its like a fresh start with people, God and your mad dance skills! Enjoy it my friend. And dont worry about the luggage..thats no big deal! You do indeed need all those shoes and belts...and dresses...and leos/leg warmers :) Love you! Jen

Shannon said...

I hung out at your house on Wednesday and you were not there-that was really strange!!! Erin showed me the picture that you sent her of your in your CUTE new car. And no worries about having all those clothes. Everyone else will be jealous of your awesome sense of style and you will have plenty of stuff to loan them!!!LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!