Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dancin' in the Street





Since I wrote last... Wednesday and Thursday were spent shopping shopping shopping for the apartment! It's almost completely furnished no 
=) I got 2 couches.... and a HUGE dresser for all my stuff! I've now met Alisha... the 2nd of my 3 roommates to arrive.  You say her name like A-lish-a... lish like fish haha. She's sweet as she can be.  She's from Hawaii and she's a great dancer.  The three of us 
are getting along great so far! On Friday I went to the beach with my parents...  when I got back.. my first college prank had been pulled on me =) my whole room was ceran wrapped... my bed, my clothes, even my teddy bear.  Silly Silly.  This morning was Orientation! I signed up for classes along with the rest of the 95 new kids in the company!  After we stayed and danced in the studio for about 5 hours... it was so much fun! I have officially learned to Hip Hop.....watch here... I also met a guy who is really good at ballet lifts even though he's not a dancer!! ... watch here...  All of the kids live in the same apt. complex and I meet more of them everyday! Everyone is really crazy and artsy and awesome!  It's a very eclectic group! My roommate Alexis is a Unitary Universalist and Alisha is a Mormon... So I'll be finding some other friends to go to church with tomorrow =)  So far we've gotten really close with the group from Hawaii... they're all great dancers and are so nice.. No drama so far which is nice =) Oh and I had my first experience with In and Out Burger.. very very good!  But I'm gunna post some pictures of my a
partment and then go to bed cause I have to find a church to visit tomorrow!! I love you all!

2 comments:

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Did you find a good church today? Remember, you may be the only picture of Jesus Christ that some of your new friends have ever seen...represent Him beautifully!

Unknown said...

Oh Linz, great apt pics! you are setting up camp rather nicely :) Sounds like life is good there with all those crazy artsy dancin people! I hope you find a church quick but careful not to compare everything to FBC...I know thats hard but there is a church family waiting for you...one where you will grow in the areas you need during your time there. Staying strong is going to be critical! All my friends in HS were mormons! Super sweet, fun and good gals. So, am here if ya need any help with that. LOVE YOU