Monday, August 25, 2008

Mr. Blue Sky

I'm so sore today! All this Hip Hopping wears me out =).  We are all in the midst of a culture shock here in California! Everyone is from all over the country and the South is beginning to seem like a country all on it's own!  Everyone loves my accent and comments every time i say "ya'll" or "bye" they were all really surprised that "ya'll" is actually a real word haha!  They also had NEVER heard of sweet tea!? SO tonight I went out and bought a pitcher and made sweet tea for everyone! They're all officially addicted.  On the other hand, the Hawaiians may as well be in a country all their own as well... from Portugese culture to "pigeon" the language they speak... I'm learning. Pigeon is like Hawaiian ebonics =) it's kinda like broken english and they all speak it.  For instance "Ho brah, we go grind?" means "Hey man, wanna go eat?" and "Shoots" means "ok" or "yeah" and "I'm Pau" means "I'm done."  So don't be surprised if when I come home I call you brah, or say yo and dude.  We all make fun of each other's accents and quite often Alisha will say "hambalala Lindsay" which basically means "tisk tisk".. I'm really having a good time =) I went to Crossroads church on Sunday morning... it's HUGE... I met a guy named Justin who is gunna go to church with me next week so that will be good! I'm missing everyone a lot and only get to talk to my friends whenever we're both not busy.  Oh! I just got my class schedule:

Monday: Day Off
Tuesday: 11:30-Adv. Jazz
  1:30- Adv. Hip Hop
  3:30- Adv. Tap
Wednesday: 11:00- Voice
12:00- Adv. Ballet
Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri. : 5:00 Music Theory
 7:00 Stage Craft
 8:45 Psychology
Saturday: 8:00 Vocal Techniques
  9:00 Improvisation
  10:00 Dance Technigues
  11:00 Choral Techniques

So pretty much if i never answer the phone... ^ thats why =) I'll call you back promise!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice schedule :) A lil bit of everything..holy cow :) we interviewed with a church in Maui....actually the pastor called us the night we were at Red Robin eating during our interview weedend with yo Daddy. Hawaii would have been almost as culture shocking as west TN! I stalked the mailman today...waiting for Molly's paperwork :) Look on my blog, I took a pic..he thinks we are crazy because the whole entire fam is out there every morning waiting. I LOVE IN an OUT..mmm.

Shannon said...

Never heard of sweet tea? Have they been living under a rock? I am thrilled that you have shown your friends how tea was meant to be!!! A ture southern girl know how to make a mean pitcher of tea. So, how was church? Big? A little different than what we are used to. So glad you found a friend to go with. It is always good to have someone to hold you accountable.
Love you and miss you bunches!!!