Thursday, April 23, 2009

Keinschönerland

I’ve arrived! I landed yesterday morning in Frankfurt, Germany! It is absolutely the most beautiful place I have ever been! We went shopping in Frankfurt and it’s just a big city like LA or New York.  The buildings are all so old though, it kinda blows my mind.  Today we went to a castle that was in use in the year 173.  You don’t really see that in America =).  Las night we stayed in a hostile, it was really fun, kinda felt like a camp!  Anyway now I’m at my first homestay! They are sweet and speak great English! We had a cookout tonight and I got to feed their baby goat.  I can’t get over the flowers here, they are everywhere.  Love you all! Thanks for all the prayers, wait till you see these pictures!

OK so I wrote that my second night in Germany and it is now my 5th!  Our first town was so much fun! There were 370 kids and 40 young americans =) we did 2 shows back to back with a 45 minute break in between! The kids are great I love the high school girls, I work with them a lot! The high school boys come up to me and tell me that I am sexy and that they “lobe me” haha.  Apparently here sexy just means very attractive and is totally normal to say... there was a newspaper article about the YA’s and a kid said that we were sexy and they printed it in the paper! Culture shock!  I am learning lots of Deutsch!  It’s hard! But it’s kinda fun...  My first homestay was really fun, I miss them already, the dad was like a German version of my dad... no lie.. I have so many fun stories already!

Here are some pictures of the cast! I took these for our opening number! Then there are 2 albums just of fun in Deutschland!!!

Cast

Photos 1

Photos 2




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Friend :) I missssssssss you and can't wait to catch up with you and your crazy amazing life! I want to hear all about your adventures. I call a McCallisters date with you when you get home.
Hugs and Love,
Jen